As we all know, colour has a lot of psychological effect on us and each colour carries its own connotations and mood. We know red is fiery, and blue is serene, but colour psychology goes a lot deeper than that. Here’s a quick guide to help you!
1. Use bright, light colours to create an illusion of space; bright and light colours imitate light, and even a room which has no window can be lifted up if it’s painted white, or a frosted pastel shade.
2. Did you know the colour red can make you hungry? So use plenty of hints of it in your kitchen, especially to help along dinner party guests!
3. In winter, accessorise your home with yellows, reds and oranges, these colours will give you the illusion of warmth, especially if they contrast the weather outside!
4. Likewise cool off in the summer with lots of blues, whites, turquoise and greens.
5. Finally use your favourite colour in the bathroom, strangely, having your favourite colour in the background of a mirror will make you feel happier with the way you look!